Straight Blast Gym of Niagara is proud to host another FREE COMMUNITY EVENT, and this one is for children and their parents.
On Saturday September 10th, from 11:00am - 12:30pm, we will be hosting our “S.A.F.E. - KIDS BULLY PROOFING WORKSHOP”.
The seminar will be run by SBG Niagara Head Coach Rich Beaupit, who has spent the last 28 years of his life dedicated to researching and developing his S.A.F.E.- BULL PROOFING SYSTEM, through teaching the system at his gym, and since 1989 teaching the Confrontation Management / Life Skills Component of the Physical Education classes at Elementary and Secondary Schools throughout the Niagara Region.
If you would like your child to...
- Learn our proven strategies for dealing with the school yard bully (how to detect, defuse or defend themselves)
- Understand that walking away is not being weak (having the courage to make the right choice under pressure)
- Learn how to deal with peer pressure (how to stand up for themselves even when a group of people are trying to intimidate them)
- How to make proper eye contact with people (bullies pick non-confident people to bully, like kids who look down at the ground)
- The “3 T’s” of Bully Proofing, “Talk, Tell, Tackle” (teaching the kids that first you try to talk it out, next you tell the teacher, and last you physically defend yourself if needed)
..then you need to register your child for this FREE COMMUNITY EVENT. At least one parent must attend with their child. There will be interactive drills, fun games and solid information to help bully proof your child and keep them safe.
The seminar is open to all children 5 - 12 years of age. Shorts/track pants and a t-shirt are all that is required to attend.
To register please call the SBG Niagara Program Director at 905.329.KICK(5425).