Let us help you prepare your child for a successful school year!
Why Is Growing Gorillas The Right Choice for My Child?
Share this Page
Increased confidence, self-control and self-esteem are just a few of the character traits you will see in your child as a member of SBG Niagara, home of Growing Gorillas, St. Catharines most respected Martial Arts and Life Skills Program for children.
Each of our programs is geared toward a specific age group and offers practical skills, and unique physical and mental benefits.
Spider Monkeys (4-6 yrs.)
- Early introduction into the martial arts and a positive learning environment.
- Individualized attention ensures each child develops overall body strength, confidence, balance, coordination and increased self-esteem.
- S.A.F.E. Bully Proofing System© will teach the children 'street smarts' in ways they can understand, so they learn to be aware and stay safe during everyday activities.
- Classes are fun and high energized, disciplined, yet friendly, and full of positive reinforcement for the children.
Chimpanzees (7-9 yrs.)
- The physical workload is increased at this level, as well as the level of discipline, to provide a challenging and motivating atmosphere for the student.
- Students will begin to fully develop their patience, strength, focus, self-control, as well as respect for others, their self-esteem and self-confidence.
- Topics covered through our S.A.F.E. Bully Proofing System© at this level include dealing with peer pressure, how to avoid confrontation, developing the child's awareness skills and teaching them how to have the courage to say "no" when needed.
Junior Gorillas (10-12 yrs.)
- Emphasis is placed on functional self defense skills that actually work in today's unpredictable society.
- Students will achieve a higher level of mental and physical fitness.
- Increase in self-control and self-discipline will be found.
- New found confidence will help students control the stress of their everyday routines.
Watch our amazing video to feel what SBG is all about - the people and the vibe. It's what sets us apart from the rest, and makes us one of the absolute best!